Anyone who knows me well will tell you, quick & easy are generally the name of the game in my kitchen. Any recipe with more than 10 ingredients will probably not feature on high rotation at my house. I like healthy, one bowl wonders, that I can make while I have a baby on my hip and 2 kids (or sometimes 5) asking me questions about their homework, so it is with good reason I recommend these all in one apple muffins! You can make them with either a thermomix, or any thermal cooker, a food processor or the classic kitchen mixer or bowl and spoon- it’s like a choose your own adventure!!
- 125g chopped butter or margarine
- 3 green apples (cored and cut into pieces if you are using a Thermomix or food processor, grated if doing this the old fashioned way!!)
- 50g sugar- I substitute this with rice malt syrup and/ or maple syrup depending on how badly my son has behaved- he is SO sensitive to sugar!!)
- 300g SR wholemeal or white flour (wholemeal works well and is a healthier option if you have it)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 180 C and prepare muffin tray (grease or place muffin wrappers in)
- Place butter into bowl and melt at 2 min / 70 degrees / speed 4
- Add cut & cored apples, sugar (or substitute for maple syrup/ rice malt syrup), flour, egg and cinnamon- mix 30 sec / speed 6 (for finer apple pieces extend this time by 20 seconds)
- Place into muffin tray and cook for 30 min, or until knife comes out clean.
If making with a food processor, kitchen top mixer or bowl & spoon
- Preheat oven to 180 C and prepare muffin tray (grease or place muffin wrappers in)
- Melt butter in microwave (time depends on microwave wattage- 10 second intervals works well)
- Chop / grate apple into bowl place apple, sugar, flour, egg & cinnamon and mix until combined
- Cook in oven for approximately 20 min, or until knife comes out clean.
So there you have it, one of my favorite recipes- I make these almost every week during school, they freeze and thaw perfectly and the kids love them! I made this recipe into a cake the other day, simply by adding a dash of milk and placing chopped apples on top, it looked impressive and was delicious